Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Phraseology

"I'm not going to starve" this is helping me when I'm in a food panic.
"It's only a year" when I'm feeling disappointed that I can't eat certain things or when I can't eat with people because there are limited choices. This statement is followed by, "yes it's only a year but that doesn't mean when the year is up you are going hog wild vicelessness, after a year you intend to be vice-less and have a larger more colorful food repertoire."

Today I got to eat lunch with friends, thanks to Subway for offering to make my 6" sub into a salad.
Tomorrow's lunch is pulled pork with potlucksides. I'm going to bring 3 bean salad and I'm imagining myself choosing bunless meat, vegetables and fruits. It's my Dad's birthday too so I may have a slice of crustless pie, if offered, in his memory. I will think of him as I savor each bite.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't end up having pie - I felt weird about not eating the crust and I was satisfied

    ReplyDelete