Monday, August 1, 2016

Good Morning August!

I traveled over 6 1/2 hours one-way this past weekend to help my son move. It was an emotional time for many reasons and it could have led to much in the way of "justified" poor snacking and meal choices. Often when I travel alone I use snacks to keep me alert and as reward. I've stated earlier that having my mind made up ahead of time creates a sort of freedom as I navigate food selections on the go, this continues to be the case and I'm thoroughly enjoying this reality. I'm glad that I didn't forego all "fun" foods this year, such as sugar and chocolate, it's nice to have treats once in awhile.

****

We went to a movie a few nights ago and I got Junior Carmels (like Junior mints, only better!). It is so odd for me to have candy over JUMBO popcorn and arguably not a better choice physically but mentally there's an adjustment that feels right at this time. I find that I need to eat a lot of fruit to make up for my decided abstaining and my body feels good, less sluggish.

****

 I often wonder, "what am I going to do when this year is up to keep from going nuts over these currently eliminated foods?" I'm trying not to dwell on this but my answer is that I think a couple of weeks of free eating starting 7/13/17 would be nice and then I'd like to go month to month, "this month I'll eat these foods" etc.  I had tried something like this on a daily basis a few years ago and found that wasn't a good rhythm for me, I think I could manage a month at a time, once this year is up.

****

I shared the existence of this Blog with my two sisters today.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me share in your journey. My own journey with health is challenging to say the least. After I read all of your posts, I went for an hour slow paced run to do some thinking. I could not get Jack Nicholas' voice saying, "You can't handle the truth!" out of my head. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and sharing your thinking. It's sort of a cliche, "Life is a Journey" but it's a meaningful nonetheless. I'm so glad I'm on this "trip" with you! much love back at you
      To be clear I'm not hiding or keeping this a secret so if you want to share my Blog with anyone feel free.

      Delete
    2. that is good to know because I think that it shared somehow when I was trying to reply. huh - now it says "reply as Helen Billhimer" but my above reply does not show my name. I also need to check a box for "notify me"

      Delete
    3. I forgot about the Notify me box, thanks!

      Delete