Monday, August 15, 2016

Back to Work

It was a great day but it did come with challenges. Knowing that meals were going to be provided but not knowing what the choices would be was stressful and tough to navigate. This paired with the fact that I hadn't seen most people all summer made missing out on meals undesirable. I am very glad I visualized the situation ahead of time. I could have eaten a lot of the things offered for breakfast (lots of nice fruit) but I had eaten at home and was still satisfied so I decided to skip it. Lunch was tough everything looked great but most choices were things I have decided to skip this year so I snuck out. A couple of people noticed but it wasn't really a big deal. I felt weird on the inside, like I was snubbing everyone.

When I got in the car I made a point of picturing myself making dinner cutting onions and so forth and writing on this Blog about my day, it worked!

On to day 2...

3 comments:

  1. This post and "Food Critic" were helpful for me today. I did not pack "fat" with lunch. I also did not pack a snack. I got home and lived with the nuts and fridge for too long. I was soooooo hungry!
    intention - what a great word!
    I start back on Wednesday and I know breakfast will be provided. I'm pretty sure that it will be eggs, some kind(s) of meat, perhaps biscuits and sausage gravy. Yeah, better make a plan. I'm also trying to really see our new morning routine: Hugh walks Scruffy in the AM and he'll do his meditation in a back bedroom. I'll do a 20 minute workout (have several options on DVDs). Then, in theory, I'll do the PM Scruffy walk as well as a workout. Didn't happen today due to loopy hungry and not sleeping well.
    Well
    At least I didn't fall asleep at the wheel as I drove home!

    -1/2 inch....................woot woot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your past trends do NOT decide your future. I love your activity schedule thinking, Scruffy likes it too 😊 Hugs!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete