Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Snacking urges!!!

Today I want to snack a lot, I sort of want easy carbs like pretzels but mostly I just want to be fuller. It's so nice to know I've made this commitment because it has helped me focus on more creative options (see list below). Last night I had a dream about cutting cake for my students, I forgot for a moment and ate some frosting then realized frosting was actually OK so I didn't forfeit my commitment. That being said if I do accidentally have a fall or if I just go off the wagon I still plan to continue my year, I will post the incident here and move on. I've also been thinking and wondering if I've maybe lost a pound or 2, it has been almost 2 weeks since I started eating better. The thing that is good about the scale is that it will give very precise feedback. This is also what is bad about the scale. I ultimately only care about what size I am and my pounds are not my main concern. In the past I have gotten discouraged when I couldn't stay the same weight for 6 months even when my clothes were honestly still fitting. My past cycle has been to forgo all eating and weighing plans because I get so discouraged with the number not staying down and then the next thing I know I'm 2 sizes bigger.

Snacks I've had today:

  • 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds, the serving size (this is a snack I discovered about a month ago after reading an article online, it is higher in fat than protein or carbohydrates but is is apparently "good" fat) 
  • Bread and butter pickles (my mom used to make these and I realized about a year ago that I LOVE them)
  • 1 piece of beef jerky (it's supposedly a good brand, whole food people say)
  • Apple and cheese (am)
  • Apple and peanut butter (pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment