Sunday, July 24, 2016

Feelings before & Setting goals

The past 8 months or more I have been unmotivated to be active, vegetables were undesirable, fruits unappealing, I would tire easily during normal activities such as grocery shopping, bending over to do something such as clipping my toenails was exhausting, I would often break into a sweat when I was expressively conducting. I craved starchy foods and my comfy chair to soothe me physically and mentally. I often couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

****
Setting Goals
Lindsay Reinholt (author of Meant to Eat) homework

This week: be successful in following my eating plan
This month: above goal plus tell my husband about my goal
This year: to desire fruits and vegetables over large amounts of empty starchy foods, To want to (and do it) be active on a regular basis to walk for 10 minutes or more. To be a size 14 and start receiving clothes from Stitch Fix. Be able to bend over easily, get up and down from the floor more easily, recover more easily from strenuous activities such as a flight of stairs. To care more about my heart and cardiovascular system then my taste buds.
Five and Ten years from now: in the summer of 2021/31 I will be 52/62, I hope to have accomplished more writing, deeper friendships, consistent reading, an understanding of how I like to spend time away from my job. Healtywise I hope to have maintained my "This year" goals along with some others. I hope to have a deeply well established love relationship with food that is built on trust.

Sub-goals:
1) Don't sit more than 30 minutes without getting up for at least 3 minutes (walk around, stand, stretch etc.)
2) Walk 10 minutes or more 3 or more times a day 4 times a week (or do 30 minutes of walking once a day)
3) Stick to my eating plan this year
4) Eat until full, switch up what I'm eating rather than fill up on one thing.
5) Visit and revise my sub goals at the end of each month (I set a reminder on my calendar)

No comments:

Post a Comment