Saturday, July 23, 2016

Rough Afternoon & Telling others

Yesterday started out great, I felt energized, I was enjoying my food choices and feeling satisfied. Until, about two hours after lunch, my stomach decided to reject everything in it:


After an incident such as this it has been my practice to go to simple starches like toast or saltines, I was very tempted but I stayed the course, I was able to make due with some tonic water, coconut popscicle, Kashi's GOLEAN cluster cereal with melted cheese, a pack of Smarties, and small bowl applesauce.  I was very hungry (had cheesy scrambled eggs, an oat granola bar, and hot tea with honey) this morning, I am feeling haunted by veggies and fruit.

I have considered that a stomach bug (this was clearly not that it was the rejection of a certain food) may come my way this year and if/when that happens I will be sipping on chicken broth with noodles because that is my stomach's repairer.

****

So far I haven't told anyone about this Viceless-ness decision, unless you count my many readers, Ha!
While on vacation I did tell my 20 something daughter that I was considering doing a food avoidance of some sort for a certain length of time and blogging about it. I was also sort of forced to tell a friend I was with last weekend that I was avoiding certain foods 'for awhile, as an experiment' since I was staying the night with her. Last Wednesday I packed my lunch instead of ordering takeout with the group of flutist I joined for lunch. As time goes on I will need to tell people, for now it's just between me, my keyboard, and cyberspace.












No comments:

Post a Comment