Saturday, March 28, 2020

Teddy Bears (also another way I "caused?" this)

Teddy Bears around town in people's windows. Families walk/drive around town and count the bears.

Drive-In/thru Church -- a local church is setting up a way to have speakers outside so people can have church "together" from their cars in the parking lot
Another church -- made a big meal and made to go/delivery orders

Government looking at ways to compensate for lost wages --"tax" refund
Unemployment rates are alarmingly high

I "caused?" this #3 (see earlier post for the first 2) because I was not planning to go to graduation....and now there is no graduation?
I'm a DIVA --Enneagram 4

My reaction to my local county deciding to close schools through April 30th date (I was expecting the next date to be after Easter) caused a lull in my spirit. Down to my core I do not think we're going back but with each decision made my soul is saddened (not that I disagree). It is the opposite feeling I get when we get a snow day.

Overeating Ham -I've had it for dinner two nights in a row And. I. Just. Can. Not. Get. Enough.
Weigh-ins -holding steady -- within 2 pounds of the next 10's place but the ham...the ham!
Pistachios with no shell, bad idea! --so buttery, too easy to eat 1/4 cup at a time (this is a no food logging week, and it shows). Oatmeal with lots of fruit/peanut butter high-calorie breakfast but worth it because it really sticks with me

Research officially started today Friday, March 27 --I did a Testing ZOOM recording with husband (backup recording on a phone app). I feel I can not publically (via social media etc) celebrate because others in my cohort are halted. I also wonder if during this time, if sharing normal life victories is insensitive. Should I have halted my research out of respect to others? On the other hand, if I did not have my research stuff, I would be stirCRAZier.

Home climate --husband is doing work that is the part of the iceberg no one sees. He is calm but noticeably more alert-ive (I invented this word, you're welcome) than usual. I, on the other hand, am not responsible for much for my work and am home. We are in a good rhythm and it works well to have some time apart. If/When he is sent to work from home we may need to make more adjustments.

Lean into this!
When my Dad died the week that followed was very special to me. Family and friends reached out to my sisters and my mom and I in ways that were overly loving. As my husband drove me the 4 hours to the neighboring state where my parents live the morning of Dad's passing I was very overcome with both sadness and "awareness" both the sadness and the joy. I felt so much deep joy in the privilege of knowing how much I would and do miss my Dad...that I love him fully with no reservation. I knew too, much like the birth of my children that this was a very special time. I became at peace with the stance I would have that I was going to take it all in, and give it all out, the best that I could. Years later I watched this video where Link (yes that's his name) shares about losing his parent-like figure who was his grandfather. Link shares when his grandfather was near death he decided to "lean into it" (the pain) 39'15" (Ear Biscuits below) and how well Link puts into words how I felt in September of 2013.
Link (Ear Biscuits) "Leans into it" -the loss of his Grandfather

Leaning into this time of isolation  "Be in this moment"-- the solidarity --the uniqueness of the situation etc -
--  a time to be born and a time to die,


    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,

    a time to weep and a time to laugh,


    a time to mourn and a time to dance

-From Ecclesiastes 3

Time to laugh -this video from an amazing young YouTuber who sews costumes and other outfits using repurposed fabrics. She is silly and, at times, insightful.
Her joke "Sew-cial Distancing" absolutely slayed me!
Micarah Tewers DIY Snow White Costume

As always thanks for reading.
Stay well,
Amy BH

No comments:

Post a Comment