Thursday, March 26, 2020

Journal Entry Wednesday 3/25/2020 --Did I "cause" this? lol

Two thoughts about how I may have caused us to not have school -- etc...

1) In January when I was making a form for my band students' data notebook I made the title Spring Semester 2020 but I only allowed enough places on the form for 1 quarter. (uh oh...)
2) When I was prepping the HS band about this year's State Festival I told them how hopeful I was and what scores I thought we could get and then I wanted to balance that...so I also said but scores aren't everything: "As far as I'm concerned we could go home and have summer vacation right now, you're already there. You've already shown me what you can do and I'm very proud of your progress this year." (wait...what?)

Something fun!
One of our local nice restaurants celebrated "takeout Tuesday" yesterday by giving out a free roll of TP with every order of $10 or more. [In our town right now restaurants can only do takeout or drive-thru orders.]  --how funny would this have been for a restaurant to do this any OTHER time? lol

At Walmart Wednesday-- Not a big change from the grocery store last Friday. Fresh produce is not a problem at all, there is plenty. I got everything I had on my list except I was looking for gluten-free pasta for a friend whose son has a special diet --there was none. Starting last January, my husband and I have been eating fresh whole foods, rarely any processed foods. Good move because the pasta aisle and the prepared food, especially canned soups, is really low. The paper products are not available including disposable cups and plates. I did notice there were diapers but limited brands. Also, the pet aisle was extremely low on food, there were mostly just treats not the food. I went to the farm store too and they had some, but limited brands. There were paper towels but it had a sign that said to limit to one per purchase, and they were very small generic brand rolls. My husband requested ham and I was not sure I could get that but I actually found a 3.5-pound spiral cut ham which was a perfect size for us to still have leftovers -- never seen one that size before.

Thanks for reading.
Stay well,
Amy BH


No comments:

Post a Comment