Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Journal Entry #4 -a list

Recent thoughts:
  • missing the commute?  -more specifically missing the time in my day where I drive in the country and listen to podcasts or Audible books
  • local well-known man dies, he was the local grocery store manager for several years before retiring and then getting diagnosed with cancer...no funeral
  • Continuing to ask myself "How is this situation serving or growing me longterm and right now?" -Dani Spies
  • Monday 2/23 great job with no videos all day...yikes I sure was on FB a lot...limiting those hours moving forward
  • Doctors and nurses are pleading for masks
  • Mama Doctor Jones -OB-Gyn YouTuber I love!  (also Doctor Mike)
  • Summer Plans to go to Nags Head-- house rented ...?
  • No recycling (due to campus closing) how do we deal...throw away...keep in the garage
  • watching the windows as my husband leaves
  • Keeping my same schedule of showering/yoga before my husband leaves --dressing cute when I need to get a lot done, doing my hair
  • grocery store low on meat, my school gave me a turkey for Christmas--I have taken it out of the freezer to thaw...irony?
  • hand towels to one at a time on the rack-- sanitizing my phone  --drying our hands is important
  • soda stream
  • hearing from my Dual Credit student that we have a date tomorrow to Zoom--such joy! (I've been checking the CANVAS analytics like I used to check my PO box in college...refresh!)
  • must limit my time on Blogger---surprised by how much I enjoy writing freely 
  • Shared Blog URL Posts on Hank Green and Dani Spies video comments to "let them know" how much their videos on Wuthering and Dealing with Stress meant to me (us)
  • Lesson from WIC -"we are the food offer-ers" --applied to now -- "I am the music/education offer-er" --this is in response to a leader saying "we can't make them do it" --How is that any different than all the time? Why should all be neglected because we can not hold students accountable? I choose to offer up ideas and show that I am spending 20 minutes a day M-F making or listening to music...no pressure just doing my craft because I believe in its value and I believe it is important to encourage creating and to share what is created
  • Three things to keep in mind when creating -- 
  1. Be present
  2. Try
  3. Be Unafraid to Fail  -from John Green's wife Sarah Urist

No comments:

Post a Comment