Saturday, October 8, 2016

Big Jeans and Pumpkin Bars

I'm feeling discouraged, my big jeans still fit.
Are my changes enough to impact my size? How important is it that my size go down along with my energy level going up? We went to a buffet place last  night, I made good choices, did I eat too much?

****

I made Soft Pumpkin Granola Bars. Yummy! The texture is more like a thin cake than granola. I am looking forward to dunking them in my coffee.

Here's the recipe I used:
http://mynameisyeh.com/mynameisyeh/2013/9/recipe-soft-pumpkin-granola-bars

I used pumpkin seeds, figs, and dates as my mix ins and I did add about a tablespoon of honey. If I make them again I would use a little more regular table salt instead of kosher salt. I also used quick oats this time as that is all I had, rolled oats would be better I think.

Here's a picture of how mine turned out:

1 comment:

  1. re: jeans I am wondering
    How did they fit when you started this blog? Did you ever put them on over the summer? (I tend to not wear jeans all summer.)
    I LOVE that you feeling like you have more energy.

    The pumpkin bars look a little too good. I think I'll pretend I don't like them.
    I read three posts tonight. Perfect Choice - Turn Turn Turn.
    One thing I appreciate about Hugh is that he'll get out a bowl, and then we have an appropriate amount if we are in a chip mood. Of course, I'm not saying that I don't say in my head, "That won't fill my hollow tooth."

    ReplyDelete