Friday, April 1, 2022

Three Recipes Made From Ginger Snap Cookies/New & Goods

 Hello Readers,

Recipes

A few weeks ago I bought myself a box of Ginger Snap cookies thinking they would make a nice breakfast treat to dunk into my coffee. I found them to be a little too strong in the morning. Ever since I've been looking for ways to finish them other than just snacking. 1) One simple way was to spread a little almond butter and make a sandwich cookie. You could also try peanut butter, but I liked the easy spreading of the almond butter and the contrasting smooth taste. Next, I remembered that one of my sisters came home from somewhere with the idea from a friend that you could take graham crackers and 2) layer them with applesauce. Sure enough, this also works with Ginger Snaps after they sit for a few minutes they get cakelike. One issue the Ginger Snaps are a bit mushier in the applesauce than I remember the crackers being. Lastly, 3) I had some plain Greek yogurt I needed to use up so I did the same with it -- layering it with the cookies -- this was my favorite, the texture was better and kept nicely for over a day in the refrigerator.


New

My psychiatrist and I decided to eliminate one of my medications. I have been doing so slowly over the last two weeks. She initiated this timing mostly because I have been stable for over a year. She also felt that my concerns about weight gain could be somewhat attributed as this is a commons side effect. So far I am feeling well and I am not noting any real difference.

Goods

Yesterday #1 I had an interview and was hired to supervise a music student teacher for our local university this fall. I am excited to be given this chance as I enjoy this type of work. As you may recall I was hired for a similar position and have been serving in this capacity currently for another college out of my hometown. It is nice to be continuing to build my higher education resume and to be gaining new contacts and experiences.

Yesterday #2 I got to spend the morning watching local rural bands perform for judges at a local festival. It brought me so much pride and joy to see and hear them I wish it could have lasted for the whole week!

This week's gold star goes to my former colleague and my replacement whose high school band earned top honors yesterday ⭐

Thanks for reading.

Stay well,

AmyBH

5 comments:

  1. What are some New and/or Goods (I learned this from labf) in your life lately? Please feel free to comment below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love gingersnaps. I bet they are delicious in yogurt. I've also had a pumpkin dip, but it is probably partied up with cream cheese and sugar as well as pumpkin pie type spices. Yogurt would be a fun dip option!
    New / Goods for me: I had a fun time with my first period students after testing. During our 30 minute class, they wanted to play games and convinced me to try Gimbit (spelling?). Turns out, after giving them to code to join, I too was in the game. Well, let's just say that I was tagged a lot, and when it was my turn to tag (2 teams), I couldn't find anyone. Then we switched to the fishing game option. 2 boys kept trying to help me. Here are the steps (and who says that you shouldn't give them too many steps at once?):
    1) answer questions to get power
    2) use power to get bait and
    3) go fishing for fish (may need to answer more questions to get more power)
    4) take fish to a table to trade in for money (mind you, you have to move your little guy to get the bait, then to the lake, then to the table = I did a lot of walking trying to find these locations)
    5) take money to buy a ticket (had to find the ticket booth)
    6) take ticket to ride the purple boat (I was trying to get on the boat without a ticket), and now you can go to the purple level.
    Needless-to-say, I was all alone on the first level since everyone else had sailed on.
    ***I just really appreciated that those 2 6th graders really wanted me to succeed!
    xoxo, hlb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did they say 'bless your heart' lol. I'm sure I would have needed just as much help as well. How fun to share that time with them and let them see you struggle in this way. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. New: Peach blossoms have joined the daffodils.
    Good: Spring is springing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers, how beautiful and the hope of summer peaches, yum!

      Delete