Saturday, April 1, 2017

Dress Shopping and No Popcorn

I bought 4 Shift dresses* online this morning I wasn't sure what size so I bought 2 sizes. I tried on dresses the day I bought the skinny green jeans and I realized that I don't like how I look in dresses that gather or change pattern or color at the waist. I'll take some pictures with me in them for a later post once they arrive. As I posted earlier I have to have one for prom (I chose single color, one black and one yellow for this occasion) and one for graduation (I chose multi color dresses for this occasion). I realized this week that I don't have a free weekend to go to the store and try on dresses this month, here's to hoping the online purchases payoff.

*A shift dress is a short dress that lacks detailed shaping. (I learned this today.)

*****I have not eaten popcorn since before July 13, 2016. I have not cheated on that even once. (I have other things I have not cheated on such as corn chips, potato chips, and french fries.) For anyone who knows me this fact is quite amazing. I went to see Beauty and The Beast last weekend, we waited in line for tickets and the snack line was also long. I wasn't at all considering buying popcorn --I have bought candy at movies lately but I had some chocolate at home so I wasn't planing on that either. This turned out to be a good thing too because the theater was packed and the previews were just about over once I sat down. It occurred to me later how different my mindset is regarding theater popcorn eating. In the past I would have felt deprived for passing on movie and popcorn. Instead I just hardly gave it a thought. It's so amazing to me how important mindset is, I continue to need to dig deep to find the root of my cravings.


1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the dresses.
    Although I make all sorts of interesting choices, buying food at a theater is not a hard one for me to skip. I just can't pay those prices. Of course, when you rarely go to the movies... I'm not saying I don't bring in my own snack though.
    I'm hoping to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend.
    Best wishes (?) as you continue on the search for reasons.

    ReplyDelete