Friday, September 2, 2016

Dreaming of Toast

Sometimes I have dreams involving regret. When I had long hair I would dream that I cut it when I wasn't considering doing so at the time. Sometimes I dream I've pierced my ears when I have no plans to do so. Another one is that I am pregnant (at 47 with grown kids). Recently I had a dream where I had made a nice breakfast and was enjoying it and then I realized there were bits of toast mixed in. Very irrational, I am not craving toast or any of the things on my 'not eat this year' list. Upon waking up I was both amused and relieved.

****

I've been imagining that my eating portions are like prescription dosages. I have had this thought before but am trying to solidify it into my head deeper. I sometimes walk myself through future scenarios and think about what amount of food is sensible. I picture myself a year from now, when I am no longer avoiding my vices entirely, eating small portions of fun foods, such as chips. I will really enjoy a few, once in a while, that's how the relationship works best.

****

I bought a neon green t-shirt for $3 a few weeks ago. I didn't try it on in the store, it was cheap and I knew I could at least wear it under a colorful smock I have. When I got home and put it on it was so tight and also very see through. I was very disappointed. Last Sunday I decided to give it a try (with a white tank top underneath) It fit!!!  I felt so great wearing it to church on Sunday and Monday to school.

****

I read a post recently from a nutritionist who shared what she ate for a week. I really loved how she made choices to have small treats like half a pumpkin doughnut at the pumpkin patch. She shared what she chose at restaurants and what she picked for snacks.

Here are some of my recent successful food choices:
1) I am LOVING green grapes - they are easy to prepare, they give me a lift when I need an energy boost, they quench my thirst when I need a little something more than water.
2) 1/3 cup of quick (not instant) oatmeal with a sprinkle of salt and 2/3 cup water -- microwave 1 1/2 minutes, add 1 T of peanut butter and 1 cup of frozen fruit (I like blue berries or blackberries. Yummy way to start the day.
3) Today for lunch I had about 2-4 ounces canned pink salmon mixed with one T of Cucumber Ranch and 1/2 of of raw chopped zucchini it was so filling and stayed with me.

****

Here are 3 of my September Goals:
1) Stick with my eating plan
2) Take a 5 minute walk a day for pleasure (if I miss a day I do 10 minutes the next day)
3) Forgive myself the same way I forgive others

****

More veggies seems to equal less sluggishness, I come home ready to cook most nights these days. I do go to bed early but I am watching less TV than last year at this time. Once in a while I want a 'bigger' meal: this past Wednesday I had some grilled KFC and coleslaw after a long day -- it was delicious.

****

Tomorrow is a day full of working Concession Stand I will pack my lunch and some healthy snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment