Friday, October 8, 2021

Contentment in the Present

Each day has its own potential both in attitude and activity. This week I decided to approach the week as though I was in training. Monday through Thursday I set out to track what I ate on a phone app and to walk extra minutes in the morning and afternoon. I struggle with how much to focus on the big picture goals versus the present tasks. This week I focused a lot on the present. This was a good exercise in contentment. There are many hopes I have for the future and I say these hopes out loud as they come to mind and then bring myself back to the present.

Thanks for reading.

Stay Well,

AmyBH


2 comments:

  1. Yes to this! Years ago, I had to take a class and the teacher said she quits smoking every day. She has to focus on the idea of "I'm not going to smoke today" every day. I feel like I have to do the same with my goals. I will: drink 8 glasses of water, walk twice a day, be mindful with what I eat, etc. Then at the end of the day, I take time to notice the goodness that happened. The other day it was "Gosh, I sure do want food made with flour/butter/sugar" but instead I asked for help and received motivation to do otherwise. At the end of the day I was thankful that I asked for that help; I sure did want to veer toward a bakery!
    xo hlb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saying daily goals out loud each day is a great idea! thanks for the suggestion. What do I need to do now today etc. is so important. Thanks!

      Delete