Monday, September 9, 2019

Blogging About Logging

Happy Monday Everyone!
I wanted to leave a quick note about how I feel about food logging. I am a fan! I resisted it for a long time but have found it to be super helpful. Like anything, it is important to be realistic about how sustainable a new habit will be. Dani Spies (one of the YouTuber from my last post) talks a lot about sustainability, a struggle I've had in the past with weight loss (maintaining). She is NOT a fan of calorie counting but did mention in one of her videos that after the holidays, when she's let herself indulge a bit more, she will calorie count/log her meals until she gets back on balance. I believe for me that it's going to take every season ie: a whole year for me to do what she does in a week. The app on my phone makes it easy to track this and even though I'm paying for extra services right now eventually I will switch to a free version for the rest of the year. Food logging is not a prison for me it's the opposite. For example, last night when I ate pizza and wings I put it in the log and did not feel one ounce of guilt. I was honest about how much I ate. Do I want to eat pizza every night? No. Fun food once in a while is realistic and done in moderation is a sustainable lifestyle.

I have crossed a huge milestone in my weight loss one that I have mixed feelings about sharing because it is so real and sharing it makes me feel vulnerable. It's just a number and so here goes --and maybe I think I just need to say it to verify how unimportant it really is (does that make sense?). I went down on the scale from over 200 lbs to under. Seeing a 1 in the 100's place is a great feeling! I have lost about 25 pounds total since the first week in July. More importantly, I feel fantastic! My energy is up up up! When I look at myself in the mirror I see better proportions, I can reach my toes, and I can lift my legs up high. I treated myself to a new skirt and shirt (see photo above).
Thanks for reading---much love,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I tried to comment when you posted, but then I bumped something and all sorts of symbols appeared. I had to get to work, so I had to shut it down.
    This post continues to run through my mind. You Go Girl!
    I have to get off since better half needs the laptop. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement both in life and words.

      Delete