Friday, May 6, 2022

Being Thankful

 Hello Readers,

I was reminded by Carrie Deyton (YouTuber) in one of her recent Blogs to be thankful. Specifically, she said that she tries to remember to catch herself and be mindful before she exercises. To find joy in it, to be thankful for her body and the fact that she can move it, etc. I have been trying this with my walks throughout the day and with Yoga and other things. Doing this has helped me to have a better attitude and to stay motivated to follow through on my commitments. 

I aso recently listened to a November episode of Brene Brown's Unlocking Us Podcast where whe interviews Lukas and Willie Nelson Family, Love, and Music. Very nice interview with a great performance at the end. Enjoy!

I hope you had a great week -- stay well!

Thanks for reading,

Amy BH

5 comments:

  1. Noticing and being grateful and mindful ==== excellent thoughts on that, and if it improves the attitude (especially at this point in the school year) even better (Dig Deep!)
    Thanks for the Nelson link as well. Interesting how she had the wrong word in Amazing Grace and how words matter.
    xo, hlb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindful, thankful, grateful and Noticing!!! I love this idea. Perhaps I should have a mini dig deep session with myself as I take that 5+ minute walk from the car to the school building (especially at this time in the school year).
    Thank you for the Nelson / Brown link. Interesting how that one word made such a huge impact on Amazing Grace.
    ox, hlb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the Nelson/Brown link I appreciate you taking the time to reflect and respond to the post. --XO

      Delete
  3. Finding joy in all things can be a challenge! Joy has been my “word of the year” since my dad passed on. Our weeping may last for the evening but joy comes in the morning. ❤️ miss you friend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy is a great theme to hold on to --especially considering all the loss you have experienced -you inspire me. Much love!

      Delete