Saturday, May 14, 2022

Numb Little Bug

Hello Readers --

Here is a link to a song a friend of mine posted on Facebook this week - Numb Little Bug. There are days when I can relate to what these lyrics are saying -- especially the part about struggling with having to take pills. For me, taking daily medication seems like a life sentence, one that I value but also feel a sort of shame about. In contrast to the desperate feelings conveyed in this song -- today, I experienced a real sense of accomplishment. This week I started up another semester of assisting with a graduate class (this is my third semester). This morning after spending close to two hours going through the first assignments and giving feedback to all the students I realized I felt energized. Right away I got up from the computer, took my dog out for a walk, and relished in a sense of feeling well. 

To top off this great morning, I got to spend time with 3 of my favorite people thanks to Zoom 💓.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Thanks for reading,

AmyBH

2 comments:

  1. What a fun song! I love that what she is saying is kinda intense, but the music does not make it intense. Can you imagine that song in a minor key / somber mood full of angst?
    I totally hear you about having to take a pill seems like a life sentence. This is one reason why I really don't want to do my yearly blood work. What if it comes back as "and now you will take blood pressure meds OR meds for high cholesterol"? Is it better not knowing? Denial? Of course no one should feel shame about doing what their body needs to maintain good health. Thank you for taking care of YOU!
    Meanwhile, I love when I can look back and give myself credit and recognition for a job well done. So, good for you to do your school work, walk the dog, and relish in the positive feelings.
    xo, hlb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make such a great point about how the fun tune makes the heavy lyrics more approachable. I'm glad you can relate to my feelings regarding medication that makes me feel better that I'm not alone. I hope your school year is wrapping up well. Love you. -abh xo

      Delete