Friday, August 27, 2021

Hope

 

Positive Thought Cycle  


I am learning and growing at all times yes there are waves, but I am a teachable vessel. My teachability requires me to do new things and because I take risks I continue to make slips. Part of my teachability is shown when I own these slips, get up, and try again. I aim to notice the victories as well and give myself credit with each task checked off. I don't have to like the backsliding or the lazy sad days of unproductive self but I also don't have to wallow in self-pity. I choose the way I narrate my story, and what my next steps will be.


Downton Brought Me Upton ๐Ÿ˜‰


I've been reframing my should talk into asking myself 'why do I think this?' or making positive statements such as I feel better when I _________. I realized that I like to work then play or better put I like to create then relax. To me the ultimate relaxing is watching a movie or video. This renews me. Lately, it has manifested itself in creating/working at preparations for my two new to me courses then in the evenings and weekends I've been binge-watching Downton Abby. This pattern and knowledge of it have brought my soul up and given me direction during the day in a way that I haven't felt in a while.

Hope for Today 


Today I read 100 Days to Brave -Day Fifty-Seven.  In this entry, Annie F. Downs challenged me to hold on to hope or in other words, hopelessness is not my story. -- Even though my current position or status is new and I'm awkward at it I hold on to the hope that I can do it and that I'll get better with practice. I choose to hope. Is there someone you trust that you can tell them if you are barely holding on?  Reach out to someone close to you and share your hope whether you are feeling sure-footed or if you are barely holding on. Below is the link to
a song that brings a message of encouragement.


Hold Onto Hope Love  -- song by Amy Stroup

Thanks for reading.
Stay well,
AmyBH


6 comments:

  1. This morning a facebook friend posted a meme:
    "Be brave enough
    to suck at
    something new."
    Gave me a chuckle :) As I discern what's next for me, it also encouraged me. Namaste (which really is a wonderful word!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I love that so perfectly stated! Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’•

      Namaste indeed!

      Delete
  2. Amy, this is wonderful. Thank you!!! Great song too! Thanks for being brave enough to share your ever new story with us 'out here'. That's brave to me. You are amazing.
    Love you,
    Frances xo!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the response thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful statement: "... my current position or status is new and I'm awkward at it I hold on to the hope that I can do it and that I'll get better with practice."
    It applies to my classroom as well as any situation in the "real world"
    LABF's reply also hits home; great copy from a facebook post.
    So Many Applications! Thanks for sharing, Amy.
    hlb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HLB thanks, I appreciate your reply.
      "Remember-- Stay awkward, brave, and kind" is Brene Brown's podcast sign-off-- and I often hear her in my head ๐Ÿ’—

      Delete