Sunday, August 22, 2021

Fly Like an Eagle

August 3

As the lyrics go time keeps on slipping into the future -- am I wasting it? last week at my counselor visit I heard myself saying this and also taking note that I am afraid that I am wasting time and yet at the same time I don't think having fun or resting are a waste of time. 

Making Goals to drive my days/weeks/months ahead

I really stepped out (bravely?) to quit my job it bothers me that I don't contribute financially and yet I have no desire to do more than the bare minimum when it comes to house cleaning which makes me feel ashamed.

What do I want to do? (nothing) is that really true? I do enjoy relaxing and watching videos but mostly the satisfaction of that is after I have accomplished something for the day and have 'earned' it. 

I don't have a hobby or activity I want to do to drive my day  -- I like to write for myself and I don't mind sharing especially when it comes to reflecting on myself as I navigate the world.  

August 22

Have you ever been burned out and not even realized it until you heard someone say something you used to say? Or maybe they brought a breath of fresh air to a room and suddenly you realized the room needed freshening because of the funk you were in?

Currently, I have 2 part-time jobs one is a one-credit face-to-face class for freshman education majors where I am the teacher and the other is one where I am an assistant teacher for an online graduate course where the students are teachers in various fields working on their master's degree. In short, I have students who are at both ends of the spectrum and are all very inspiring in their own way. We just finished the first week and that means we've only had time for introductions but I found all of them to be very uplifting and good for my soul. Each in their own way showed examples of wholehearted living. The freshman because they are stepping into the great unknown and are willing to explore and be brave with people and things they don't know. The graduate students because they have plans that require them to do more than just enough to get by. 

I'm about halfway through reading Brene Brown's The Gifts of Imperfection -- where she addresses wholehearted living. The wholehearted life requires paying attention and being authentic, keeping in mind that these are both daily decisions that take practice. I'm beginning my practice. How about you?

What lifts your soul? what feeds you? 

Thanks for reading,

Stay well,

AmyB 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry hlb I accidentally deleted your encouraging comment. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from hlb

    Honestly, your blog feeds / lifts my soul! I appreciate your straightforwardness. I appreciate your honest look at yourself. I appreciate the books you share.
    I am also fed by others' comments to your posts.
    with love hlb

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 <3 this! Did you know that Brene' Brown's doing a whole series on the "Gifts of Imperfection" with her 2 sisters? I only listened to the first one, and decided I wanted to re-read the book (with them), but haven't gotten around to it...Sounds like the universe is telling me it's time! https://brenebrown.com/unlockingus/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened and now I'm reading. It is helpful to write down thoughts once in awhile to hopefully cement them better and guide my practice of them.

      Delete