Monday, November 22, 2021

Cracks

Hello Readers,

My sisters and I are reading The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown as a book club. At the end of today's reading Brene stated the following quote “There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in” from a song by Leonard Cohen Anthem (Leonard Cohen). I like this positive spin on the tough things in life that may cause us to crack.


This image of a crack made me think of this Japanese meme I saw recently that says,

Image result for kintsukuroi

Kintsugi is the Japanese art of putting broken pottery pieces back together with gold — a metaphor for embracing your flaws and imperfections. “You won't realize your full potential until you go through the tough times,” Kumai says. With that said, Kintsugi takes work and awareness in order for it to truly be healing. If and when we crack the light comes through and we can let it show us the way to healing.

 

Finally, I had my own realization of how this could also relate to climbing up a steep mountain (or living life) and how a climber relies on the cracks to find footing and handles. I relate this to mental health and how when we know where the cracks are in the path we can make adjustments that allow us to find our way to the top. Just like physical health, mental health is important for all of us to be aware of and know what our own unique prescription or path is.


I have been struggling lately with some of my regular physical goals mainly around making good eating choices. I hope to have a better report soon as I know only I am able to decide how I climb this mountain. I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving.


As always thanks for reading.

Stay well,

Amy BH



4 comments:

  1. Yes! I'd heard of the Japanese art form, and I definitely needed reminding today <3 Your further insights are powerful, and give me much needed encouragement. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blogs, dear friend! Keep writing and sharing your heart. have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete