Sunday, September 27, 2020

October Intentions and Food Logging Thoughts

 Hello Readers,

Planned Logging

I have enjoyed this past week taking a bit of a holiday break and enjoying some extra salty snacks and baked goods. I turned 52 this past Friday and wanted to celebrate by enjoying foods in a more relaxed way. I experienced so much joyful overeating that I had the equivalent of a food hangover. Due to this celebrating, I have found that it has been useful to loosen my intentions. Now that the week is over I plan too reset my long-term intentions. My weight only hit 148 one day this week and therefore I never had to food log (surprisingly). However, I decided that I will log 2 weeks this month (more details below). My yearlong plan is that after Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year I will log food for a week (Thanksgiving) or two (New Year) to acknowledge that the relaxed rules are over and it's time to get back to routine. Sometimes by not logging, I find myself a bit lost, not knowing what my calorie count is, especially since I have not logged since the end of July. By deciding ahead of time that this is the plan I hope to see it not so much as a punishment but as a natural progression. While taking a break I will not necessarily weigh-in each day, 2-3 times a week will be the goal. During this time of logging I will also return to weighing myself daily and if necessary will log more than the 1 or 2 weeks until the set weight of below 148 (or lower) has returned for 2 days in a row. After returning from any vacation it is a bit tough to get back into the routine but it also feels good and comfortable to do so. Likewise, this is how I want to view food logging after predetermined breaks. 

October Intentions

  • 15 minutes yoga 4 times a week
  • 15,000 steps a day
  • emphasize vegetables over white carbs
  • Weigh-in daily
  • Log 1200ish calories a day (M-Th) 9/28-10/1 and 10/12-10/15
  • Log 1200ish calories a day anytime the scale hits 148 or more-2 days in a row, keep logging until the weight is below 148- 2 days in a row
  • Continue to keep FB and Instagram off the phone unless it is a special occasion (family birthday)
  • Make a well-woman's exam appointment 
  • Check-in with sisters each week regarding the execution of intentions.

As always, thanks for reading.
Stay well,
Amy BH




No comments:

Post a Comment