Saturday, March 4, 2017

March Intentions

Better late than never, right?

I'm struggling with creating intentions this month, it's Lent and my sister L shared the idea of being disciplined in the area of gratitude. My intention for the next month and a half is to daily share 3 gratitudes with my Facebook Gratitude Group.

Here is an inventory of my mind --

I should:
Intend to eat more vegetables but mentally I feel exhausted by what that entails. I should drink more water. I should plan out my meals for the week.

I am:
Doing better with lunch and when I work through my lunch my ride home snacks are great for getting me past the snacking urge when I get home. Taking frequent lengthy walks with my husband (and dog); a source of mental, emotional, and physical health. Walking right away when I get home and this also keeps me from stress snacking after work. Eating healthy breakfasts tbat give me a great start each day.

I regret:
Eating too much unhealthy protein like prepared chicken. Eating ice cream often. Regular chocolate intake.

I wonder:
Is this year of Vicelessness meaningful? How? How am I feeling? What am I learning?

I believe:
This year is valuable because my view of food has shifted. I am a work in progress that is progressing. I have learned that it is very easy to not eat certain foods and yet still not eat healthy. I make choices and I need to continue to challenge myself to balance eating healthy with a bit of eating for only "fun." I need to noticing when I've had enough and stop at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment