Saturday, February 11, 2017

Alone Time -- Possible Pizza

With my husband away my eating would normally be greasy, potatoes, chip ,popcorn driven. Instead I've been trying some new recipes that would probably not interest him.
  • Flourless chickpea and peanut butter pancakes (a little beany after taste but did satisfy my craving and curiosity-- I actually had a dream about them before I made them)
  • Cauliflower pizza dough as previously posted but subbing in frozen broccoli/cauliflower "rice" saving tons of time and messy cleanup (texture is a bit chunkier but set-up well)
  • Salmon in homemade mushroom soup ( I'm my father's daughter, I love all things fish)
****
I've also done plenty of snacking on kale chops and dried peas and beans (leftover from my Super Bowl "party") and ice cream with fudge sauce.

****
I'm a bit unsure about Monday. Our school is hosting an all county schools' band day. I will be taking our guest conductor to Pizza Hut. I hope to order salad bar with the backup plan of one slice of pizza (if for some reason that's awkward etc).

****
I lately feel really good about my size. I don't feel like I'm on a diet and yet I'm not gaining weight either. My energy and flexibility are very good. I'm not winded after directing the band or straining to clip my toe nails. I look forward to focusing more on amounts of food after this year is up. As I've mentioned, and it is very worth repeating, I'm so glad my dog gets me and my husband moving (and laughing).

1 comment:

  1. I would love to sample this cauliflower pizza while I'm out, but not sure when. Perhaps we could make it at Mom's?
    I just bought a bag of cauliflower rice, and we had stir fry this weekend. Nice!

    ReplyDelete