Saturday, February 18, 2017

"A sandwich, an apple, and a pack of NABs" -Hugh Nelson Billhimer

Today's title quote is the lunch my Dad packed (and frequently talked about) for years when I was a kid. We laughed about it as a family often and it still makes me smile now. Hard to explain how this somewhat simple lunch could be noteworthy. All I can say is that my Dad had a way of making ordinary things fun. In case you don't know NABs are sandwich crackers made up of peanut butter between 2 bright orange cheesey crackers wrapped up in a 4 or 6 pack. I believe the name is for a popular brand but any flavor or brand is still referred to as NABs. I bring this up because I was thinking about it on my way to work while I also pondered my own successful afternoon ride home snack on an apple, a hunk of cheese, and a few peanuts. This ride home snack has been followed lately by a nice long walk with my dog when I get home. The weather has been unseasonably warm joined with the longer days -- the joy of the anticipation of spring.

****

I did have one slice of Supreme pizza last Monday (posted earlier about this) as I ate with co-workers. I savored every wonderful bite, I wanted more but was glad later I stopped at one.

1 comment:

  1. Love this - great memory.
    I need to ponder my own gulp down food now way of eating. Leslie said she heard (went to a class?) that said before eating chocolate: smell it, think about it / the smell, then slowly eat it.
    yes - a better way to do things.

    ReplyDelete